Edublox Clinic in Pretoria North (Montana)
Mareli Swart's interests are many and varied. She comes from a financial background and worked with budgets, money and finances for corporates and individuals, but she always felt that something was lacking in her life. She felt unfulfilled as a person and that she was not growing as an individual.
She left the financial world to look for something better and found the answer in Edublox. Her own son attended Edublox classes and it added huge value click here to read her personal testimony. She loves working with children and really enjoys the appreciation she sees on parents’ faces when their child changes from the “one with the study problem” to the child who enjoys school and does well.
Mareli also loves nature and enjoys gardening, wire-haired dachshunds, finches, parrots and she has even kept chickens.
What Edublox offers:
- A scientific assessment of your child’s reading and learning skills.
- Weekly classes to improve concentration, perception, memory, logical thinking, reading speed and spelling ability.
- Help for learners with reading and spelling difficulties, including reversals of letters such as ‘b’ and ‘d’.
- Intensive holiday courses for accelerated progress and results.
- Classes on study skills, study methods and study techniques for Grade 4 and older learners.
- School readiness classes for the little ones.
Wat Edublox aanbied:
- ‘n Wetenskaplike assessering van jou kind se lees- en leervaardighede.
- Weeklikse klasse om konsentrasie, persepsie, geheue en logiese denke te verbeter, leesspoed te versnel en spelvermoë te bevorder.
- Hulp vir leerders met lees- en spelprobleme, insluitend omkerings van letters soos ‘b’ en ‘d’.
- Intensiewe vakansiekursusse om vordering en resultate te versnel.
- Klasse oor studievaardighede, studiemetodes en studietegnieke vir Graad 4 en ouer leerders.
- Skoolgereedheidsklasse vir die kleintjies.
Tel: (012) 567-1746
Email: Mareli Swart
Mareli’s Journey with Edublox
My journey with Edublox began in a desperate attempt to help my own child who had a learning problem since he started Grade 1. I was referred to several occupational therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists and dieticians. I did everything I was told to do in order to help my child, only to realise that it wasn’t enough. I had to witness how he lost all confidence.
My battle continued for several years; I even changed schools, hoping that smaller classes could be of help.
In Grade 4 he was diagnosed with dyslexia and was put on medication to help him concentrate. I needed to get an answer: what did I do wrong? I felt that it was my mistake that I was a bad mother.
I started my research on learning difficulties, and how to cure them. I came across Edublox. I found so many answers everything I wanted to know and more. Edublox gave me hope, and I knew it would help others!
Soon I made an appointment and my son started classes. Not long after, we started seeing a difference. He could remember what he had learnt. His confidence was back, and he made friends again…
I realised that I wanted to help other parents and children with the same battle, and I wanted to shout it from the top of my voice: there is a way… that does not treat the symptoms, but fixes the problem.
I left my job as a financial manager, and joined the Edublox team. It is such a wonderful feeling when you are able to help parents and their children.